Other Works

Boedo station

Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires

This includes the construction of two hydroelectric power plants on the same river at a distance of about 20 km from each other. Each is named after the place where it is built: “Los Caracoles” at km 53 of Provincial Road N°12, and “Punta Negra” -at the 34 km mark.

 

The main objectives are to create water storage facilities to allow for the expansion of the existing irrigation system, incorporating 15,000 hectares for agricultural production and increasing power generation by adding 185 MW power with an estimated generation of 990 GWh / year.

The main objectives are to build water storage facilities to expand the irrigation system and increase power generation.

16.334 m3

Meters of concrete

40.000 m3

Earthworks

40.000 m3

Megawatts

15 km

of tunnels

PROJECT

Civil and architecture works at the Boedo station on the “E” subway line in Buenos Aires.

CLIENT

Transportes de Buenos Aires

DESCRIPTION OF WORKS

The “E” line connects Plaza de Mayo with Plaza de los Virreyes running under the avenues Julio A. Roca, 9 de Julio, San Juan, Eva Perón and Directorio as well as part of the 25 de mayo highway for an approximate distance of 9,600 meters.

In June 1944 the first stretch between Constitution Square and the intersection between San Juan and Gral. Urquiza was inaugurated, just over 3 km long.

A few months later the Boedo station opened to the public on an interim basis.

The definitive station was built by Panedile several years later, after construction began in 1957 and it was inaugurated on July 9, 1960.

The murals along the platform walls are worthy of note, as are those painted in the other underground lines. Panedile placed murals sketched by Alfredo Guido and Primaldo Monaco in 1959 which were produced by the ceramics and tile company Villamayor in the same year.

The Alfredo Guido work (Rosario, 1892-1967) on the West Arcade is 12.30 m x 3.75 m and entitled “Boedo uin the mid-nineteenth century” while at the the west end of the platform, is that of Primaldo Monaco (Italy, 1921, having settled in Argentina a few years later) which measures 11.10 m x 3.90 m entitled “Children playing”

DATA SHEET

THIS WORK

VARIOUS WORKS

WORKS UNDER WAY

UBICACIÓN

NEXT PROJECT >